Sunday, July 23

Work at home luxury

Ever since we moved into our new house, working from home -- which I do about one a week -- has been less than ideal. We had this big klunky desk which we got rid of before the move. For now, we have our iMac setup on a makeshift desk, but my laptop was, well, relegated to my lap. Anyone who has a MacBook knows firsthand how impractical that is. Let's just say aluminum is an excellent conductor of heat ;^).

I looked at dozens of different desks and laptop stands online and locally. It's amazing the amount crappy, yet expensive, furniture that's out there. After far too much researching, I found this outfit CSN Office Funiture which has an excellent select of good quality, inexpensive and simple desks; three qualities that seem to occur together infrequently (I mean, check out the stock photos on the home page!). As will all "site unseen" purchases, it was a bit of a leap of faith, but I ordered what looked to be an ideal laptop desk for me (I mean, check out the cup holder! ;^).

It arrived on Friday and I put it together in about 15 minutes yesterday. It is sweet. The height adjusts pneumatically like a swivel chair via that round wheel petal at the bottom. You can adjust the angle of the laptop platform (which could double as a writing tablet or mini drafting table even). So it's basically exactly what I wanted, and I'm very happy with it. I also ordered a desk and chair from them as well, hopefully the experience will be just as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home